Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Two in One Card.

I dont know about putting the clocks back an hr I could do with putting them back a month or two!!
It's time again for the girls in the Christmas Card Club to show our cards using the theme set by Sylvie which is 'Anything Goes'. 
So I had a rummage in my used christmas card pile and then another rummage but nothing was leaping out at me so I sorted through again and then again once more. I like to make two cards one using an old christmas card and then a corresponding card using a stamp,digi,die cut, embossing folder from my christmas stash in the theme for the current week. Finally on the fifth trawl through I spotted this card with shoes on and had a light bulb moment. I suddenly remembered that I had a Bugaboo digi image of a christmas shoe bought 3 yrs ago and not used so I was in business.


Next problem was to decide on a card shape. I didn't want to alter the card design too much so I came up with my version of a Joy Fold Card which I have named a 'Two in One Card.'  The front has been slightly trimmed down  and layered onto green card stock and opens up left to right .

This then reveals a second image which is a  pre coloured freebie from making cards' Christmas Edition '2015 which I matted on to more green card stock and then onto a freebie paper from Making Cards 'Traditional Christmas ' Dec 2015. This section opens up right to left to reveal the inside.

Finally the inside of the card is decorated with more of the design papers in red and green and then I found some shiny sticker stars in my stash to mimic the ones on the card front and a sprig of holly Dimensions Sticker by Anita's. I also found some Season's Greetings stickers in my stash that matched. Yay.!

Entering this card into the following challenges;
Crafting By Designs # Get ready for christmas
All Sorts Challenge #387 Lets make a start on christmas.
Hiding In My Craft Room #273 Free style.
One Stitch At A Time #274 Anything goes with recycling.
Crafty Hazelnut's Extra # Anything goes christmas.

Now onto my second card which has been made in exactly the same way but using the Bugaboo 'Poinsettia Heel' digi which I have coloured using my Promarkers. I coloured up a second digi and fussy cut the poinsettia which is adhered over the image using a 3d pad. I used glossy accents on the centre of the flower, the heel of the shoe and on the tip but it is not showing up here .IRL it does though.

Card opens up left to right to reveal the second image below.  Freebie pre coloured from Making Cards 'Christmas Edition 2015 Pretty Poinsettia' The plaid paper is a freebie from Making Cards 'Christmas Edition 2015 as well.

This then opens up right to left to reveal the inside of the card which has been decorated using another freebie paper from the same set . The poinsettia is a sticker by Anita's and the stars were stickers in my stash.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
A Snowflakes Promise #31 Anything goes.
Crafty Hazelnut's #305 Anything goes.
Christmas Card Challenge #46 Anything goes.
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #253 Use your snippets (poinsettia sticker on inside of card).

Thankyou  Sylvie for making me think outside of the box for this challenge.



 You didn't really think I'd let you go without showing a card with Acetate on it now did you!!!
This one is for Mo's' Rudolph Challenge' which closes tomorrow. The image is the last of the trio of Valerie digi's that I bought from Mo's digital pencil. I have already shown you one coloured in blue and one in red so went for green promarkers this time. Digi is called 'Valerie with Pup'( and I do believe Di that the doggy is a Scotty!) I have layered onto green vellum paper and then adhered to a scalloped card base. I have attached a piece of acetate to the front of the card cut to the exact shape of the green vellum (you can just see the reflection in the top right hand corner) and adhered with 3d pads which have been covered up on the front by a cunning ploy with black shimmer sticky circles.The  sentiment is computer generated and cut out using a SU labels punch. 


Entering this card into the following challenges:
Scraps of Life by Scrappy Mo#  Oct. Rudolph challenge.
Winter Wonderland # Frosty or well wrapped up.




34 comments:

Sally H said...

Wow, Mrs A! What wonderful cards and fabulous designs! I do love a nice shoe - well two if I am going to wear them! Beautiful cards!

Carol said...

A trio of fabulous cards Mrs A and such a great design too. Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such creative trio of cards! Your rummage has been lucky with these shoes, and you have had a very original idea making this particular folding!
Love expecially the digi shoe with the 3D poinsettia on it, really elegant!
The last card is very fun with the scottish dog under the snow and the super-dressed girl, it makes me smile!

Unknown said...

Oh these are just gorgeous! So classy! Especially loving the first sassy shoes!
Lucy x

Liz said...

Fabulous cards, Mrs A. The fold on the shoe cards is a really clever design. Love the cute image on the last card - hope the little dog manages to find his way out of the snow!! xx

Createology said...

I truly adore how you upcycle previous cards into new multiple cards. The "high heel" shoes are total fun. Uber adorable is the little child playing in the snow.

brenda said...

A| post jam packed with lovely creation Valery and as always super upcycling and I just adore those shows on the first althougg not sure about wearing them to cook Christmas dinner.

B x

brenda said...

Back again, forgot to thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Lia said...

All these cards are so beautiful! I can't say which I like the best!
Lia xx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous cards Mrs A...love the elegant shoes and the last one is adorable.
xxx Margreet

dutchess said...

Love your modern design with the shoes Valery....and all the work you have put into the shaped cards...fabulous, and of course the cutest little acetate card.....you have been busy xxxxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, what a gorgeous collection of cards you've made here. I love the shape and the work you've put into the folded cards.

Sue xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Speshul, indeed Mrs A. Aren't you a clever Vegemite??? to make three such superb cards!!! and such persistence in looking five times for an upcycle. 😊
Thank you so much for sharing with us your creative inspiration.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL creation and awesome design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘PLAID’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

KandA said...

You've certainly been busy making these fabulous cards Mrs A. Those digis are fabulous especially the cute Mo Manning xx

Barb said...

Three gorgeous cards Mrs. A and a clever design idea with the fold. Now those shoes look something special. I love the image on the last. The poor little dog! Great recycling too. Barbxx

aussie aNNie said...

Hello my friend, nice to see you at our challenge. Gorgeous card/s for our current challenge of 'Let's make a start on Christmas' Thanks for joining in.
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Di said...

What a fabulous trio of cards my friend! Wonderful fold and recycling. And the last card really made me giggle - reminded me of Benji and Dougal in deep snow :)

Hugs

Di xx

Bonnie said...

Wow, Mrs. A! You have a gallery of goodies here! I love those Christmas shoes! Wouldn't it be fun to be able to wear shoes like that again! And your acetate image is amazing! A delightful digi, colored to perfection!

cuilliesocks said...

OMGosh Valery what an amazing selection of cards, absolutely gorgeous, loving the shoes and the designs are fabulous, Kate x

Craftychris said...

Three wonderful cards! A real feast for the eyes today, thank you! xxx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mrs. A. Wonderful cards today and I just love them shoes!
Love the little Valerie image with the acetate, so sweet.
Avril xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Mrs A,
what a very gorgeous array of wonderful cards and designs.
I love your very fab ideaof the Christmas shoes as that is so unusual.
Super papers and designs used also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Amazing cards Mrs A, what a beautiful selection, you really are stacking up the Christmas cards now, well done. By the way, I don't know about gaining an hour I think I lost the weekend somewhere! Sorry I'm late.
Lorraine

Dr Sonia S V said...

A delightful collection Mrs A...so festive and gorgeous
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph day Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Vicki said...

Lovely holiday card collection! You have created beautiful cards. Thanks for joining the Double D Plaid Challenge!

MaryH said...

WOW! Your Christmas stash must be huge by now, and your recycle box a bit lighter. It's so impressive how you take the old cards and make something beautiful and new, then share a 2nd card using digis, dies, etc. The shoes just sparkle on both cards, and I love the way you've created your own style of special fold! Like the tri-panels of color on the interior. And perfect cards for CCC. Got a chuckle from the Scottie in the Snow, and once again, just a delightful colorful & cheery card to add to the Christmas pile! TFS & Hugs. (hope you got all your gardening chores accomplished!)

Donna said...

What fun cards. From the sparkle to you great coloring I am impressed with all your cards. Perfect for the holiday season and something for everyone. Sorry I am so late for commenting but thanks for playing along with the Rudolph Days challenge.

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

wow! so many lovely card :) I love them all.... the detailing in all of them is stunning :)
Cheers
Preeti

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 305 - hope to see you again soon x

Cards By MI said...

Lovely collection of cards, looks lovely. Thanks for joining us over at Winter Wonderland.
Love n hugs
Marie

Linby said...

A fantastic selection of cards. Love the shoes but that little dog in the snow has stolen my heart, I think I need that digi.

Mimi said...

Wonderful piece of recycling Mrs. A., the end creations really has demonstrated how we can make something old shine again in a new way :) :) :) Thank you so much for joining us this fortnight in our OSAAT Recycling challenge. Hugs Jane xxx